- Global Allies Links
- Audio & Video
- For Alumni
Audio & Video
[Note: if there other audio/video, etc. items that should be included in this list, please contact us via email: info [at] social-ecology [dot] org. Thank you.]
- Calling carbon traders “climate traitors,” members of the Climate Crisis Coalition and Climate SOS gathered outside the 2nd annual NYC Carbon Trading Summit to demand an end to the market-based trading of greenhouse gas emissions credits and called for just solutions to the climate crisis. The climate justice activists risked arrest to voice their opposition to the financial trading giants at the Summit, including JP Morgan Chase & Goldman Sachs, comparing their carbon trading plans to those that caused the current financial crisis. Includes speech by ISE board member Brian Tokar.
- Longtime ISE Board Member Grace Gershuny recently spoke on a variety of food and (organic) agriculture-related topics at Rutgers University. (It’s recommended that viewers download an updated free version of Microsoft Silverlight.)
- Murray Bookchin speaking in San Francisco, 1985.
An excellent series of Murray Bookchin interviews conducted by Mark Saunders in 1995. The project was to explore the development of Murray’s politics through his personal experiences.
Speech recorded February 8, 1990, McGill Univ., Quebec City, Canada.
Short clip from 2004 featuring Murray Bookchin. This interview was conducted more than 20 years after the filmmakers original “Anarchism in America” documentary featured footage of Bookchin.
Clip from the “Anarchism in America” documentary film. Bookchin discusses the evolution of his political orientation.
Another clip from the “Anarchism in America” documentary film.
Various clips from BioJustice 2007 convergence held in Boston, MA. Features Brian Tokar of the ISE, Ignacio Chapela of the University of California-Berkeley, Luis Hena of the Tesuque Pueblo, Farjana Akter of Bangladeh, Mercedes Alvarez of Nicarauga, and others.
Speech made by Murray Bookchin during the 1970s. Clip posted by KPFA; the Bookchin talk starts about 5 minutes into the clip.
Chaia Heller talks about her friend and mentor following his passing in July 2006.
Chaia Heller joins Amy Goodman as a guest on Democracy Now! to speak on the opposition to the biotech industry.
- Matt Hern, an associate of the ISE, with Charles Demers. Hern and Demers, both accomplished speakers, have arranged their criticisms and congratulations for Vancouver into an entertaining and engaging presentation that will challenge residents, activists, students, planners, wonks, urbanists and anyone interested in Vancouver’s future.
Note: the following clips are all hosted at the radio4all project:
Dan Chodorkoff on ‘Social Ecology & Libertairian Municipalism’ (part 5 of a 5 part series that aired on Vancouver Cooperative Radio)
- Chaia Heller joins Andrew Kimbrell, Vandana Shiva and others for a discussion. 2 part program.
- Larry Lohmann, Brian Tokar, Amos Baehr on WGDR radio. Two question the central role of carbon trading in responses to the climate crisis, and the third helped craft legislation in the Vermont Senate which could be used for carbon trading.
- Peter Staudenmaier delivers a 2+ hour talk at the Renewing the Anarchist Tradition conference in 2004.
- Discussion featuring Peter Staudenmaier, Mike Staudenmaier, Ashanti Omovali, and Cindy Milstein.
- This link includes some of the sessions from the 2011 North American Anarchist Studies conference in Toronto including the “Greening Anarchy” panel that included ISE Board member Karl Hardy who spoke on “Responses to Climate Change: Radical Critiques and Utopian Alternatives” with Usman Mushtaq.
- Jeeon commented on POSTPONED: San Francisco Intensive (New dates T.B.A.)
- Jean-Marc commented on Anthroposophy and Ecofascism
- Grace Gershuny commented on Grace Gershuny on Ecologizing the Food System
- jkelvynrichards commented on Grace Gershuny on Ecologizing the Food System
- Brian Tokar commented on Grace Gershuny on Ecologizing the Food System