- Global Allies Links
- Audio & Video
- For Alumni
“AND NOW BEHIND CURTAIN #2” is an interactive installation in the form of a large colorful fabric spiral with apertures, images and messages that viewers walk around and through. Created by artist/author/teacher/activist and social ecologist Beverly Naidus, the installation premiered at the Wilhelm Lehmbruck Museum in Duisberg, Germany in 2005. This viewing will be a North American debut for the piece. Beverly’s work examines the tensions, fears and illusions promoted by the corporate media, the stories of individuals struggling to make sense of this economic and political moment and invites the viewers to participate in a game that playfully explores the perils and rewards of activism.
This showing will be part of the Bread and Roses Exhibition, an event celebrating the centennial of the 1912 “Bread and Roses” Strike by Textile Workers (mostly immigrant women) in Lawrence, Massachusetts. The eight week strike, historic in its militancy, focused on the need for dignity as well as fair wages and working conditions. Beverly’s work will be shown in the Lopez Room at Seattle Center from May 25th-28th, with public talks every day at 2 pm. For more information, see http://www.thestand.org/2012/04/exhibition-to-commemorate-bread-and-roses-strike-anniversary/.
- Grace Gershuny commented on Grace Gershuny on Ecologizing the Food System
- jkelvynrichards commented on Grace Gershuny on Ecologizing the Food System
- Brian Tokar commented on Grace Gershuny on Ecologizing the Food System
- jkelyvnrichards commented on Grace Gershuny on Ecologizing the Food System
- Carie Quincel commented on Presentation: Resisting GMOs in Africa